Week 26 dr appt update in Litte Rock, AR
So... My appt started at 1230 & we left at 430. It was really long waits for everything, but totally worth it! Where I went is part of a medical college, so the 1st nurse I met was an "intern" and she just took down any & ALL info she could. She had me take my sugar test, said I would hear from them if I had a problem, I haven't heard anything yet, It is amazing that I would have gestational diabetes with Gabriel, but no problems with these, God is so GOOD!
The next people I saw were 2 men, 1 a resident dr and the other an intern. Both of them will make awesome drs!! I was impressed, well not at first, lol. It took the drs over an hour to come in, but when they did come in, they had notations and marking on my chart, they had actually took time to look thru my chart, to do a little research & actually knew what they were talking about when they came in!!!! To me that is just awesome & I now do not mind the over an hour wait, because they were prepared for me! My blood pressure was 125/75. Heartbeats were good, the girls were moving around alot. They checked my cervix and it was a little thinner, but nothing not expected at this point & nothing to worry about. They did say I was a little dehydrated & I need to work on that some. They took time to hear what alls going on & really it seemed as if I had been with them this whole time.
Then the drs went to talk to the specialist to see what her plan of action would be and about an hour later, lol the specialist and the drs came back into the room.
And this is basically our plan for here on out...Next week I'll be 27 wks I go back down to Little Rock. They are doing an ultrasound to check the cords & see what condition they are in. If all looks good they'll be sending me home, if something is off then they'll keep me next week & put me in the hospital. If it all looks good then I go back on my 28th wk and they'll put me in the hospital. I'll stay in the hospital for a whole week, with monitoring to figure out the girls schedules & such. Then the hospital has a plan in place with a hotel down the road, they call it Camp. Instead of staying in the hospital for weeks, they put you up in the hotel, they shuttle you between the hotel & the hospital & with in a 5 min radius of the hotel. They give you food vouchers to eat with. They said it is cheaper for the hospital to do this, then it is for them to keep you there the whole time. Which will work great so when Stephen & the kids come down on the weekends they have somewhere to stay with me, yay! They will continue doing monitoring & such up until my csection date which is still between my 32 & 34 week - Sept. 14th thru the beginning of October.
It is all just an answer from God!! I wanted monitoring, may not be what town I wanted, but it is the best possible place for the babies to be born. And we are hoping to get a (cheap or borrowed) laptop & a webcam so we can all see each other thru the week. It won't be the same as hugging, but it has to be better than just talking on the phone. We've just got to make the absolute best out of the next 6 - 8 weeks. And with God's help it'll all work out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment