Pregnancy Week 27 to Week 32
I went to Little Rock for my week 27 appt, I had some contractions, they check me & I am dialated to 1. They monitor the girls, things seemed fine (once they found them) They decide to keep me in Little Rock that week, August 12th. I had a small bag, just in case, but I hadn't thought to take my phone charger or much else, other than a change of clothes & tooth brush. I spent about a week in the hospital. (more things happen here, which I will share in a different post) They monitor me & the girls every 3 hours. There were times that the girls were extremely hard to find, it would take forever for the nurses to find the 2 girls' heartbeats. There were times that a nurse would give in & hold the "monitor" in place. In these instances, most of the time, I had to be monitored between 30 min to an hour, there were times I was even monitored for 2 hours.
At 28 weeks they sent me to "camp" which was a hotel 5 mins away. I would eat breakfast at the hotel, lunch & dinner would be sent from a deli nearby. The hotel shuttle would take me to my appt every other day. (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) I monitored myself at the hotel, every 3 hours & once a day I had a nurse call me & check in, answer questions, take notes, ect. There were times I couldn't find their heartbeats & I would have the shuttle take me to labor & delivery (happened mostly around midnight for some reason) and I would be monitored for about 3 hours. These monitorings were the worst. At that time of night the nurses weren't the best, they couldn't find the 2 hearbeats, couldn't keep them on the machine, we would end up doing ultrasounds just about every time I went. And I was just exausted & mostly I could monitor better than the nurses, so it was hard for me to sit back & let them do their job, lol.
During this time I was alone during the week, but on the weekends my family would come & visit. We did live 3 hours away from Little Rock, it was so hard to wait that week to see them all & it was so hard to say goodbye, knowing I wouldn't see them for another week. Many, many tears were shed during this time. Just about every night, when I'd go to bed & every sunday when everyone had to leave me behind, such a rollercoaster ride!
I didn't ever have gestational diabeties, nor a problem with blood pressure. I did end up being on bedrest for much of my stay & if I left I had to have a wheel chair. Man, was that hard, going to walmart & being pushed around during my weekend visits, most embarrassing, lol. But had to be done if I wanted to get out, which I did! I lived for these weekend visits!!
No comments:
Post a Comment