
I had my 1st drs appt March 30, 2009 @ 9:00 am.
They were supposed to do an Ultrasound, papsmear & info exchange.
First we do the Ultrasound and the technician wants to try to do one on my belly at first. She starts it up and gets it all going, looks around for a couple of minutes and says that things are still a little small. So she sends me to the bathroom & tells me to take off my clothes. She leaves. I come back to the room and get on the chair/bed thing. and we wait for about 5 or 10 minutes. I am convinced at this point that I have had another miscarriage, though I do not mention it to my husband. She comes back and she asks if this is our last or if we are gonna try to round it off? (While she is getting everything ready to do a vaginal ultrasound) I say we are definately done, n more for me. And she says, I ask because I see 2 of them in here.. We are slightly shocked.. But very happy. I had an inckling that I might have twins & Stephen had apparantly joked at work that my pregnancy test was positive so quickly & early it must be twins.. She did say that they would be identical, they were in the same sac, sharing everything. We would either have 2 girls or 2 boys. We are only the 2nd case of this particular twin to come into the office, it is very rare. There are many different types of twins our partiular case is Monochoriotic Monoamniotic Twins. That was that.
So we meet with the nurse give all the information.
Next we meet with the nurse practitioner. And she basically says the same as the ultrasound tech. I asked for their heart rates Baby A was 164 and Baby B was 162. And I ask for her to write down the whole name. She did, but asked me if I was the type to go home & google?? And yes, I am, lol. So she asked that I not go on there and read all the bad stuff, that isn't toally correct alot of the times. She also says that she won't see me again, because I am a high risk pregnancy. I will always see one of the drs. Ofcourse my dr is on maternity leave until June 5th or so, lol. That is my luck. It is also said that I will be having tons more ultrasounds, which is fine by me.
With my son's pregnancy I had gestational diabetes, I have already started watching my sugars ( I was able to control it with him, just doing this) and when she did the urine test, that came out alright, which make me feel good!
My blood pressure is high, it was somewhere around 150/90. I have started watching my salt intake, only drinking crystal light & walking, hopefully that'll all help with that.
My next appt is April 15th @ 9:15 am. Not too far away, but not soon enough, lol. I am looking forward to talking to a doctor and hopefully this dr knows what she is talking about or has studied up. I'm hoping they set me up with a specialist. But at this point I have no idea what lays ahead. I have studied up some off of a great site that has helped me understand it some. Here is that link and in a minute I'll post what I have found..
http://www.monoamniotic.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment