Tuesday, March 1, 2011

August 14th, 2009


My brother, my dad, my mom & I <3


Lets go back a month and look @ what happened 2 days after I am admitted to the hospital in Little Rock.

My dad had been battling some demons (alcohol) for a couple of years and his health was rapidly depleteing.. August 12th, when I went to little rock, he was supposed to drive with me down there, but he was not able to. We talked on the cellphone from clarksville to little rock, an hour and a half or so.

We had been telling him if he didn't get things under control he wouldn't be alive to see our children grow up.

When I went to little rock, I had packed a little bag, but not much, because I didn't think they'd actually keep me. But they did, I had left my charger @ home, so for the 1st 2 days there, I didn't have my cell phone charger, so I didn't get to talk to many people much. It was a couple of days before my husband came down there, he brought the charger.

That evening my mom, my brother & my pastor came down to little rock to tell me that my dad had passed away that day. That was on a Friday. Sunday they allowed me to come home with a wheelchair and attend my fathers funeral. Wednesday I went back to the hospital.

Exactly a month later my daughters were born:

Sophie Rose (Rose after my dad's mom)

Janie Antoinette (antoinette after my dad - his name was Anton, but if he had been a girl he would have been named Antoinette)

No comments:

Post a Comment